- Partner, Phipps Deacon Purnell PLLC, 2019- Present
- Chief of Staff, Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, 2016- 2019
- Lecturer, University of Texas-San Antonio 2014- 2018
- Chief of Staff, Councilman Ron Nirenberg, City of San Antonio, 2013-2016
Active Community Involvement
Port San Antonio Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Port San Antonio is a public entity created to redevelop the 1,900-acre former Kelly Air Force Base. Assets include an industrial airport, a railport, a force-protected complex, and 10 million square feet of commercial/industrial facilities. Port San Antonio tenants directly employ 12,000 workers in target employment sectors. Appointed as the District 1 board representative by San Antonio City Councilman Roberto Trevino in 2018.
Opioid Task Force, 2017-Present
- The Joint Opioid Task Force was an interagency working group led by Bexar County, the City of San Antonio and University Health System. The task force is seeking to decrease opioid overdose deaths in Bexar County by: 1) increasing availability and use of Naloxone by first responders; 2) increasing use of drug monitoring software by medical providers; 3) encouraging evidence-based continuing medical education; 4) community education; and, 5) coordinating treatment service providers.
- Chairing the implementation group in 2019-2020.
San Antonio Medical Foundation Board of Trustees, 2020- Present
- The San Antonio Medical Foundation was established in 1947 with a primary purpose of obtaining a medical school for South Texas. The San Antonio Medical Foundation Trustees evaluate all requests, research the need and land required, and arrange leases to benefit the facility and the future development of the Medical Center. Priority is given to institutions providing research, education and selected medically-related services.
San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Healthcare & Bioscience Committee Chairman, 2020
San Antonio Substance Use Summit Planning Committee, 2018- Present
Power Couple Honoree, San Antonio Business Journal, 2019
40 Under 40 Honoree, San Antonio Business Journal, 2015
JD, SMU Dedman School of Law
BA in Political Science, magna cum laude, Texas Tech University
Previous Nonprofit Board Service
Board of Directors, San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness, 2018- 2019
Board of Directors, Democracy Cafe, 2015- 2018
Board of Directors/ Vice Chair, North East Educational Foundation, 2015- 2018
- Complete organization restructuring leading to a year-over-year 37% year-over-year increase in grants.
Board of Directors/ Secretary, Northside Neighborhoods for Organized Development, 2016-2017
SA to DC Healthcare Delegation Chair, 2020
Bexar County Public Defender Oversight Board, 2017-2019
EPIcenter Advisory Committee, 2018- 2019
SA2020 Impact Report Committee, 2018
SA to DC Aerospace Delegation, 2018
UTSA Public Administration Advisory Board, 2016-2017
East Central ISD Community Accountability Committee, 2017
San Antonio Chamber of Commerce NAFTA Working Group, 2017
SA to DC Energy Delegation, 2017
San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Energy & Sustainability Committee, 2014-2016
NEISD Citizens Bond Advisory Committee, 2014-2015
LOOP Municipal Election Forum Planning Committee, 2015
- The committee spearheaded the effort to obtain voter approval of a $499M bond package that will enhance security, expand technology, bolster operations, and expand extracurricular and academic facilities.
Aquifer-Parks Committee, 2013-2015
- This committee spearheaded the effort to obtain voter approval of the continuation of a 1/8 cent sales tax that will fund the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program for an additional $100 million and Linear Creekway Development Program for an additional $80 million.
LOOP Transportation Forum Planning Committee, 2014